Search the forum,

Discuss Hose setup/pressure and connection in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys , couple of questions if anyone would be kind enough to maybe shed some light. 1st is I have very little pressure to my outside tap despite pressure being ok in the rest of the house the tap has been in since we moved in couple of years ago and don’t recall having any issues before now (I have attached pics). My second query is could anyone advise which hose connector fitting I need for outside or inside I have bought a new hose and the fitting it came with is insufficient for both outside and inside. Thanks in advance.
32E97858-E566-4E41-A2C0-7DF541BE2802.jpeg
C90C041C-45F7-4F70-8A98-DC0BF5529CF3.jpeg
32E97858-E566-4E41-A2C0-7DF541BE2802.jpeg
C90C041C-45F7-4F70-8A98-DC0BF5529CF3.jpeg
7FCE388E-A4BA-4B18-B759-6F7B58499687.jpeg
7674E89A-088C-4769-894A-9EDFD3832DB0.jpeg
0933182D-9E86-4B3F-8C28-1931BEFF20DC.jpeg

Sorry to say that that needs replacing being totally unacceptable and not in line with current water regs. Old hoses can become brittle and leak so advise isolating now.

Sorry to say that that needs replacing being totally unacceptable and not in line with current water regs. Old hoses can become brittle and leak so advise isolating now.
Thanks for the reply I have come to find over the past couple of years the guy who lived here before us is somewhat of a cowboy!

It`s just a typical diy job from years gone bye, when you do it I`d replace everything including the tap and add an isolating valve. Search outside tap in the little search box where you will learn about double check valves to stop water inside the house becoming contaminated but note that some outside taps now have this built in.
Good luck with the project.

The outside taps with the built in check valves should only be used as replacements for the same type, not for new installations. The check valve should be within the thermal envelope of the property.

The outside taps with the built in check valves should only be used as replacements for the same type, not for new installations. The check valve should be within the thermal envelope of the property.
Thanks guys, once all this blows over I’m just going to get a pro in to sort it properly to save the hassle sorted my self a new connector for the kitchen mixer tap so I have use of the hose unfortunately waiting for the pressure washer to be delivered by the hopeless company that is carparts4less means my car still looks like the uks population of pigeons have emptied there bowels onto it.

Every days a skool day.

Make sure when you replace the whole lot that the supply for the tap goes straight out the wall into the bib tap using a dedicated round brass fixing plate and attatched copper pipe ..less chance of freezing.
also put an isolator inside house for the winter. Centralheatking

Reply to Hose setup/pressure and connection in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock