Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell Zone valve banging on closing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 90647

Honeywell 4043H1056 just installed to replace ESi which was leaking. HW is banging on closing whereas ESi didn't!! Both are power opening, spring closing. HW was installed in the same direction in the return pipework. Arrow points towards the tank. Is that correct? Need another to replace my 2nd ESi but hesitating to get another HW despite their good reputation. Any thoughts would be very welcome.

Is there an auto bypass fitted as if there isn’t there’s your problem

The arrow on the zone valve would be pointing to the cylinder if on the flow.

You say that the valve is on the return from the cylinder then the arrow should
be pointing away.

It would seem you have mounted the valve the wrong way round.

Post a picture it could be round the wrong way if its on the return also needs a auto bypass as below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191009-175447.png
    Screenshot_20191009-175447.png
    502.1 KB · Views: 9
Honeywell 4043H1056 just installed to replace ESi which was leaking. HW is banging on closing whereas ESi didn't!! Both are power opening, spring closing. HW was installed in the same direction in the return pipework. Arrow points towards the tank. Is that correct? Need another to replace my 2nd ESi but hesitating to get another HW despite their good reputation. Any thoughts would be very welcome.
The ball swells up in them and seating is an issue. You can get a Honeywell ball valve kit to replace the plate / ball. Or you could just replace the valve. I'm imagining it sounds like a drum roll on a Bongo drum?

The ball swells up in them and seating is an issue. You can get a Honeywell ball valve kit to replace the plate / ball. Or you could just replace the valve. I'm imagining it sounds like a drum roll on a Bongo drum?
op says its a new one

I think we need to check for simple causes like correct orientation first though mate.
OP here again! Looks like it is the wrong way round after all. Reason being that my second tank is piped the opposite way to the first one and when the first one leaked the replacement valve was installed to be like the other!! So arrow should indeed not be pointing to the tank when it is in the return. Second draindown and ZV replacement next week will be the final proof!
Thanks to all who replied

Reply to Honeywell Zone valve banging on closing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock