• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Honeywell syncron motor replacement in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Is there a decent third party offering out there as OEM are pretty expensive?

Chuck

Esteemed
Forum sponsor CORGIDirect sells replacements for about a tenner a piece. I don't know how their quality compares with the OEM ones but they've been selling them for several years (perhaps longer?) so I'd expect them to be satisfactory.

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Forum sponsor CORGIDirect sells replacements for about a tenner a piece. I don't know how their quality compares with the OEM ones but they've been selling them for several years (perhaps longer?) so I'd expect them to be satisfactory.
Iirc, someone said they weren’t that good.

IND_Nick

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Sorry to change the subject slightly, but still kind of on point. Which motorised valves are people using at the minute. We always used Honeywell but have had to replace a number recently that have stuck open or worn out the gears(2 to 3 years old).Started using ESI ones but not for long enough to know quality of them. Any other suggestions?

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sorry to change the subject slightly, but still kind of on point. Which motorised valves are people using at the minute. We always used Honeywell but have had to replace a number recently that have stuck open or worn out the gears(2 to 3 years old).Started using ESI ones but not for long enough to know quality of them. Any other suggestions?
Still use Honeywell. Never had any issues with them but I do hear people saying the same as you.

Basher

The topic of 'geniune' motor vs 'copy' has appeared on this forum several times in the past.
It used to be the case that the Honeywell part had blue wires, and copies usually orange or red.
There are lots of cheap one's about, but no genuine Honeywell I can see at anywhere near the same price. It is claimed they are different specifications, but who knows?

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Reply to Honeywell syncron motor replacement in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net