Search the forum,

Discuss honeywell ST9400c controller Timer query in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I recently got this programmer installed during my new boiler (Worchester) installation.

I am still getting use to it, however my query is I have very odd programmed times currently set.

My 3rd timer slot is set 12pm-2.50am, yes we have our boiler heat the radiators while we go to bed and sleep (Everyone's different!).

This timer is not like my draytek timer which allowed to set any timer times beyond the 2.50am time frame so its a bit tricky for me since it goes off at 2.50am daily.
I can press the +1 button and add an hour or more but noticed I can only press this during when the timer originally starts (12pm midnight).

Is there any way I can do this earlier in the day or get around the 2.50am restriction so I may set the timer to go on 12 midnight to 4am?

Yeah its not really ideal for myself, Its a lovely up to date programmable timer but it doesn't do the main time or thing I need it to do, which is keep us warm at night time.

I think in the future, I might need to go back to the draytek programmable unit but perhaps something to do next spring/summer.

Just read the manual and it appears the ST9400c (maybe other Honeywell programmers as well) has a strange quirk.

The available time period to set on each Day on the timer starts at 3.00am and ends at 2.50.am (the next day)
So if you need it to be ON past 2.50 am you would have to set another time slot on the NEXT day starting at 3.00am. (you can't have it ON between 2.50am and 3.00am)
The problem could be only being able to set 3 ON / OFF per day.

You could set the real time 12hrs out to move the dead period of 2.50am / 3.00am to P.M and reset all other times accordingly.

Honeywell ST9400c.PNG

Last edited:
Just read the manual and it appears the ST9400c (maybe other Honeywell programmers as well) has a strange quirk.

The available time period to set on each Day on the timer starts at 3.00am and ends at 2.50.am (the next day)
So if you need it to be ON past 2.50 am you would have to set another time slot on the NEXT day starting at 3.00am. (you can't have it ON between 2.50am and 3.00am)
The problem could be only being able to set 3 ON / OFF per day.

You could set the real time 12hrs out to move the dead period of 2.50am / 3.00am to P.M and reset all other times accordingly.

View attachment 67365

That sounds just the trick thanks, I don't mind sacrificing the afternoon or evening slot since I can do that manually I guess.

Still I can give that 12hrs forward to PM instead a go also, that might yet give me 3 slots again.

Reply to honeywell ST9400c controller Timer query in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock