Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell ST9100C heating control advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening lads and lasses,

First post here - hoping someone can help.

I’ve got 3 of the above consoles on the wall in the garage just by the boiler. One is a dual control for both heating and hot water, one is for the downstairs under floor heating and the other is labelled ‘pump’ which I think is there to make sure the taps furthest from the boiler always have hot water pretty much straight away.

My question is how to schedule this ‘pump’ console - it would make sense to me to have this run continuously whereas the other units are only set to come on between certain times, but I didn’t want to do this before asking professional advice

thanks in advance!

Ian

the pump one I would have run all day but turn off after midnight till 6 am as you will very rarely use hot water at this time.

Morning Gasmk1

Thanks so much for the response - I set this as suggested yesterday and it seems today the water is warm although upstairs it does take 30 seconds or so to heat up (not that I'm moaning!)

Just on the setup for the rest of the house, I've set the hot water to come on 6 - 7.30AM, 12-12.30 (mid-day) and 4pm - 5pm in the evening.. would you suggest changing this at all?

Any chance of a pic of your cylinder ?

Yeah no worries - wasn't sure whether I should put images of serial number etc up so excuse the hand covering that text!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 13.09.53 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 13.09.53 (2).jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 3
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 13.09.53 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 13.09.53 (1).jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 3
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 13.09.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 13.09.53.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 3
Turn the hot water on constant and turn the hot water pump on constant that should improve your time to tap

Thanks for that advice Shaun - really appreciate it. Would that not result in massive bills though?

shouldn’t be too bad if it’s been installed correctly full insulated etc

but once you’ve confirmed it’s working you could have it coming on when your home eg 10 mins every hour

Reply to Honeywell ST9100C heating control advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock