Search the forum,

Discuss honeywell evohome to replace a cm 927 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

our combi boiler has been controlled by a honeywell cm927 wireless thermostat. it has now packed up, and i was looking at getting the hive or nest, however i have now seen honeywell do the evohome, if i went this option would i need to wire in a new controller at the boiler? or would evohome thermostat control be found by my old honeywell control unit?

I would recommend renewing the receiver, but it’s a straight swap as evohome uses a bdr91, so no need to open up boiler.

thanks, out of interest, if i wasnt looking at ease of replacement, what would be better out of the hive, nest or honeywell? or are trhere any better brands? we have a valiant ecotec plus 937 boiler

also maybe the other thing to mention is we turn our heating on and off as one zone currently....although in future id like maybe to get smart thermostats for the rads

our combi boiler has been controlled by a honeywell cm927 wireless thermostat. it has now packed up, and i was looking at getting the hive or nest, however i have now seen honeywell do the evohome, if i went this option would i need to wire in a new controller at the boiler? or would evohome thermostat control be found by my old honeywell control unit?
The current nearest replacement for the CM927 is the Honeywell T4R.

Any really out of them all, although Nest isn’t completely wireless (a lot thinking is). If you’re after better heating control, ebus using vaillant controls would be better, but you don’t think they do smart trvs yet, but ebus would regulate the heat better - but this would involve opening up the boiler. All these others just operate as an on/off switch with the bonus of turning the heating on out and about, you know like a timer does 😂

Reply to honeywell evohome to replace a cm 927 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock