Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell Evohome issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi!

I can't seem to get my Evohome heating working as expected and it's starting to become a bit of an issue. I'm sure it's going to be down to something I've misconfigured. Any help much appreciated!

Initially, I had a simple setup: I replaced the house thermostat with the relay box and used the wireless controller as the temperature sensor (for the whole house). This worked fine.

Since then, I've started adding HR92 controllers to radiators in various rooms then adding them as new zones. The idea is that the original wireless controller acts as "rest of house". The problem now is, when an individual room is below the set point, the system does not trigger the relay to demand heat unless the original zone (i.e. "rest of house") is also below its set point.

I need the heating to come on when any room is below the set point, but I find I have to keep manually tweaking the main zone to force it to come on, maybe because that's bound to the same wireless relay as the general heat demand? I understand that this could cause the "rest of house" to end up higher than its setpoint, but I can accept that so long as the individual rooms are also reaching their required temperature.

I tried contacting Honeywell for support - they gave me a generic response and told me to hire a Honeywell trained installer :(

Thanks,
Lewis

Im not that familiar with evo home but they tend to work in the same way... firstly are all the rad controllers set to the right room temp and dont require any offsetting? Secondly I suspect treating each room as a zone isnt very helpful and they are synchronising with your main zone stat so I would dezone your room stats to start with.

I appreciate the reply. Adding the valve controllers to the systems as "zones" is the only way to connect them. They may require some offsetting, yes, however they don't trigger the heat demand when they're reporting a temperature well below the target so that's the issue I'm concerned with at the moment!

Hi Shibby
We have Evohome with HR91 valves, configured like yours EXCEPT we never used the sensor in the controller at all, as there was no need. I feel you need to delete it, as it's currently operating as the overriding thermostat, and only if you need, add it back as a "rest of house" zone (or whatever you want to call it). That way it will behave like your other zones and demand heat when needed, but not override demand from other zones.

There are Evohome forums out there which might be a help.

Interesting thread, I'm going to be doing the same thing soon, did you ever get it working? My controller will act as the thermostat for the living room which is always warmer than, say, the conservatory, so I'll need the hr92s in the conservatory to call for heat even if the living room isn't.

Just checking back in here, how are you getting on? I have my evotouch in the living room controlling the temperature in there (both rads have HR92s fitted). I have 8 other HR92s scattered around the house, the conservatory has two along with a remote wireless stat, the dining room has one, one in the office plus I've got 4 upstairs in the bedrooms and landing - so 10 in total and a couple spares still in the box. They all work fine and each room will call for heat as needed regardless of the temps in the living room. So not sure what your issue is. I've also got the hot water kit so set my system up as Y-plan with two BDR91s controlling the 3 port valve (one for heat and one for water). This means I don't have a BDR91 listed as "appliance control" but under "stored hot water" - it works a little differently but before I added the hot water kit I did have it set up the same as you with a BDR91 acting as a "boiler relay" - I had to "undo" that configuration when I added the hot water kit.

Reply to Honeywell Evohome issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock