Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell Controls Fault? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone!

Since the cold weather started I’ve noticed that the Programer (Honeywell ST9420C) isn’t working properly.
It doesn’t turn on/off in the auto pre set times in the C/H mode. It works correctly in the auto pre set times in the H/W mode. The C/H is effectively on constantly, turning on/off on the thermostat.
I have a Honeywell DTS92E1020 RF stat, I’m guessing it’s paired correctly with the programmer because it does turn the heating on/off when the temperature drops/rises or is adjusted.

Any ideas why the auto times in C/H mode aren’t having any effect?

Hello everyone, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The heating was coming on if the temp in the house dropped below the temp set on the RF room stat. This was happening even if the programmer was in the AUTO (OFF) part of the days timer settings. Hope that makes sense!!

Since “resetting”/changing the times (only by 10 minutes here & there) on the C/H pre set daily on/off times, the problem has rectified!!
It seems like changing/resetting the times has rebooted the programmers C/H timer. Like the programmer didn’t log the previous set of installed times. That’s the only way I can explain the sudden change.

Anyway, worth remembering if there’s a similar problem with one of these or maybe any programmers. Try putting the times into the programmer again! Worked for me!!

Cheers, everyone 👍

Reply to Honeywell Controls Fault? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock