Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell 2 port motorised valve screeches when shutting off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I have a 2 port motorised valve that screeches when CH shuts off, this has been ok for 6 months. System is a combo boiler operating 2 zones CH & underfloor heating with a safety PR valve. Both valves plumbed correct flow direction, is this classic water hammer from a defective ball/plate or head? All help appreciated. Thanks

Any pictures please ? Is there a auto bypass fitted before the zone valves it sounds like it will need replacing. Kop
Thanks for the replies, the motor was changed as a cheap first fix that didn’t solve, going to change the head. Pic will hopefully be attached.

Attachments

• 9F509F1B-0D04-4F54-B8D7-DAC251C033E5.jpeg
    9F509F1B-0D04-4F54-B8D7-DAC251C033E5.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 15
Looks ok there check the operation of the small spindle where the power head connects it should move freely by hand and try firing the boiler with the power head removed to check it opens and closes . Kop

Reply to Honeywell 2 port motorised valve screeches when shutting off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a Drayton 27101 - 3 port motorised valve 22mm compression Issue: when heating switches on there is no hot water, when you switch heating off you get hot water. I replaced the motor in the motorised valve, everything started to work like it should. But an hour later and the same...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Is there any advice on using Honeywell Evohome with 2 zone heating. Honeywell support are pretty useless and give conflicting advice. They suggested I ask my installer (but my installer suggested I ask Honeywell). I found a support article on the Honeywell Resideo website by Googling...
Replies
Views
When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace a gate valve bypass. I'm happy its in the correct position & orientation, Its set to 0.2 bar. I don't believe we had this clunk last year. I suspect...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock