Search the forum,

Discuss Homefix UK. Anyone any info on them - They want money up front for plumbing jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

HOMEFIX UK???

I've just been offered a contract with Homefix UK. It includes a substantial upfront payment. Have any of you out there had any dealings with this company. I'm thinking this might be to good to be true

Anything you have to pay for upfront is a con

HOMEFIX UK???

I've just been offered a contract with Homefix UK. It includes a substantial upfront payment. Have any of you out there had any dealings with this company. I'm thinking this might be to good to be true

They do the rounds every few months with a slightly different name. Normally offering a postcode close to you and exclusive rights to all the maintenance, certificates etc. As said above no reputable company would require funds upfront. Pretty sure there was also an article in the Gas Safe magazine warning of the con(theft) these companies do. I would avoid and block any further correspondence.

Hum .... looks like the lastest reincarnation of a Glasgow based organisation who promise the world, in exchange for your cash upfront, then no work is forth coming.

I won’t name them from earlier encounters so Dan doesn’t get legal letters from their lawyers, but AVOID is the only advice worth giving

Avoid avoid avoid!! I actually spoke to one of the Glasgow guys a couple of years ago, sounded very convincing on the phone, really keen to get me signed up so I could get plenty of work sent through!! 2000quid was the sign up fee.
AVOID AVOID AVOID

As above. There are many of these companies who collect information on plumbers, then cold call them / email them, saying they have work in their area. Then you pay shed loads, and get either no work, or very little.

They usually do have some form of company behind them which they do send their work actually to. So it'll be a family member etc that they send the work to when they win contracts. And then palm off the crap work from those contracts to other plumbers by way of selling the work on.

There are hundreds of threads on our three forums about such a company.

NEVER EVER PAY TO GAIN WORK. Even checkabuilder and the likes.

Genuine customers will always find plumbers. And large contracts you have to bid when they're out for tender, so you'll never drop on one of those via a phone call.

Reply to Homefix UK. Anyone any info on them - They want money up front for plumbing jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a cold water tank this tank feeds six properties in a straight line below my property is on the third floor so in the middle. The job would entail...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months. For these 6 months i was assisting on many types of jobs including basic plumbing jobs like gas runs, taps and toilet installs but majority focused on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock