Search the forum,
  • Thread starter monkeywrenchps
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 8K

Discuss Homefix 24/7? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monkeywrenchps

Have any of you chaps had any experience with this outfit?

It does sound a bit more genuine than the scamming I have to deal with getting calls from every other day, I must say. Apparently they're an insurance scheme that subs out work to local tradesmen - which sounds great. The catch though is the £150 + VAT sign up fee they want to charge for being added to their books.

HomeFix 24/7

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
The question I would be asking is why do they need to charge? They would be needing someone to do the work anyway, they would be using your liability insurance and your qualifications,experience, tools, van, fuel etc etc.. If someone is charging on the promise of work, Id tell them to do one.

I've been approached by this company saying that they have a live emergency job for me (haven't heard of them before and haven't signed up). Tempted to decline as I don't know if i'll get paid.

scam alert, scam alert, scam alert

The only one out there IMO with any credence is rated people, however some people have issues with them.

I get the same from Service Majic...email loads of "work" but wont give contacts till i pay them a sign up fee..
Narr, its not for me, just middle men making a crust off your back.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience of Homefix 24/7 is of mis selling. They sold my mother insurance for her sky satellite dish for £75 a year - worthless insurance in that the cost of a call out is less. However the real concern is that their sales techniques. Their sales people used high pressure telephone sales but the real beauty was when they wrote to my mother in October saying - "following our telephone conversation of 3rd October we enclose your renewal documents. That telephone conversation that they claimed to have had where she renewed her policy was remarkable given that she had by that point been dead for several weeks.

How do they no your any good? Always makes me laugh when they say they vet there tradesmen? I always ask how are you going to vet me? They have no answer. Scamming load of scum bags. I work for a few insurance companies, housing trust etc and they check you out thoroughly ie insurance, qualifications , tax utr, some even the age of your van! And I always ask how I'm going to get paid, and when Am i going to get paid. To many people don't ask the payment terms then moan about waiting 90 days. Any thing over 14 days and ain't doing it!!

Just had a phone call from this people Homefix 24/7 who tell me they have just dropped their prices from £300 to £150- funny that as an earlier post from 2012 says they were asked to pay £150... never sure about any agency that asks for payment...glad i checked on here- useful site.

phoned me up yesterday smelled rat straight away said no dont do subbing and bloke got all funny so told him do one and hung up.

sounds like a scam to me its 150 + vat so bound to get people who think its worth a punt.

Homefix pestered me with this fantactisc offer.offering me umpteen jobs in my area and exclusivity etc etc etc..After getting over 6 calls a day I decided to go for it..( madness!!) I suspected it was a scam from the start ...After I read all the negative feedback about Homefix 24/7 I called them and cancelled the agreement the very next day.They would not refund my money...I thnk they have a legall obligation to refund in such a short time??..Any legal buddies out there?
It is now six weeks since I coughed up and guess what..I HAVE NOT HAD ONE JOB FROM THEM!!. I am currently suing them for the refund.,,so be warned...they are scammers..I will let you klnow how I get on..Anyone wan't to join me in the court case.?.

bill the plumber

please read my feed back ref Homfix 24/7 on 9th Nov 2013..Bill the plumber.,

They would not refund my money...I thnk they have a legall obligation to refund in such a short time??..Any legal buddies out ther

Sorry to hear about this Billsaint, and good luck with your case.

I doubt if any of the cooling off periods apply.

Mandatory cooling off periods are embedded in certain types of consumer protection legislation. These are written to prevent little old ladies being brow-beaten by pushy salesmen.

I suspect that what you have entered into is a business contract, which is a completely different circumstance.

Yes I agree with Ray it would fall into distance selling regulations ? Google it
This will not apply to businesss to business transactions .
This however will not stop you from taking a small claims case against them for breach of contract if they make unfullfilled promises however I suspect you will be wasting your time and money as the day you go to court they will cease trading and Homefix 24/7 (2014) will purchase the business for £1

please read my feed back ref Homfix 24/7 on 9th Nov 2013..Bill the plumber.,

Hi Ray.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply..

The amount Homefix took me for was £180.00 I expect there are many many more..I dont think they will shut upo shop and run for £180.. but I will pursue the case in court..Anyonme else wit the same thought and wans to join me..would be most welcome.

Bill The Plumber

Yes I agree with Ray it would fall into distance selling regulations ? Google it
This will not apply to business to business transactions .
This however will not stop you from taking a small claims case against them for breach of contract if they make unfulfilled promises however I suspect you will be wasting your time and money as the day you go to court they will cease trading and Homefix 24/7 (2014) will purchase the business for £1
Hi Ray.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply..

The amount Homefix took me for was £180.00 I expect there are many many more..I dont think they will shut upo shop and run for £180.. but I will pursue the case in court..Anyonme else wit the same thought and wans to join me..would be most welcome.

Bill The Plumber

hi bill. i am having the same problem with this company, i signed up with them july 2013, paid £180 and was told i would make that back in a few weeks 7 month later and nothing!! for the past 4 month i have rang, emailed, sent letters etc asking for a refund and just getting fobbed off. luckily i am not that for from there base so i am going tomorrow

hi bill. i am having the same problem with this company, i signed up with them july 2013, paid £180 and was told i would make that back in a few weeks 7 month later and nothing!! for the past 4 month i have rang, emailed, sent letters etc asking for a refund and just getting fobbed off. luckily i am not that for from there base so i am going tomorrow

Hello I have also been scammed by this company. Tried contacting them to be told they are in liquidation, they are not! I am going to take them to court. I would welcome any feedback if you have been successful or wiould happily join in action. Please email me at
julie at greenhillroofing dot co dot uk

Sorry for the weird email address but I don't want spam etc. I've been taken for £180. It's not the cost it's the principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Homefix 24/7? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock