Search the forum,

Discuss Hole in outdoor waste pipe from kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Papalazarou1977

Hi,

We are having a deck fitted and so wanted to get rid of the ugly pipe which comes from our condensing boiler out to our waste pipe from our kitchen. I have removed the condemning pipe but we are now left with a small hole in the side of the waste pipe and I am not sure how we are best to seal it. The deck panels will be over the top of the hole and there is currently a slight leak from the hole when we run the tap down the drain and so we don't want to leave it. I was thinking of using some water proof tape to seal the hole but wasn't sure if there is a better solution. Any advice anyone could give would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jamie.

Cut the pipe out and replace it. What have you done with the condense from the boiler?

cemented over im sure cant have nasty pipes ruining the look of the new deck
ps decks are so nineties

Cut the pipe out and replace it. What have you done with the condense from the boiler?

Thanks for the reply Mike, the problem with replacing the pipe is the frame of the deck is already down and it is right in front of where is hole is so it is going to be hard to replace I think. As a makeshift solution, do you think waterproof tape will work? There's no pressure coming from the hole, even when I run the tap in the kitchen on full, it just trickles out so I am assuming the tape wil deal with that kind of pressure?

Regarding the condensing pipe, we are routing it inside so it runs to the waste pipe through the house.

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hole in outdoor waste pipe from kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock