Search the forum,

Discuss Hive wired up correctly in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Just had my Dad say his system isn't working the same.
I've checked the reciever and the wiring is as below. He has a hot water valve and a seperate central heating valve both wires off them going into a control box and then the hive system plus a condensate pump.(which to be honest shouldn't have any impact. Now I would think that the wiring the way it is has a valve that's left open all the time as it has common wiring. as the two flex wiring has the earth cut off.
If anyone could give me advice on how to set this up correct as I don't think it's as it should be. Could this also be a fail safe if one of the vavles stop working probably the hot water. He had a heating engineer out and like a few heating engineers they do have a tendency to have their own way of how to set up a system. Now my Dad has losg confidence in the system he wants rid of the hive.
I've had a look my self and he has said it controls the system differently. First question, is this the right set and also what would be a simplified control and rf instead of the hive for my mum as my Dad is very ill. Many thanks

Attachments

• 20210406_111843.jpg
    20210406_111843.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 19
Depending on your dad’s motorised valves, may or may not need earth connected, but usually parked in earth anyway. You say it’s misbehaving, but I can’t see any indication as to what the issue is.

Unplug the hive leave for 10 mins and then put it back on the backplate should fix the issue there a bit temperamental

Thanks for that. I’m not sure how Earth continuity can be maintained in a product that doesn’t supply a cpc, such as a Myson MPE222 which is class 2, hence the question about which motorised valve.

Every point means the earth / CPC is continuous back to the fuse board - it doesn't mean its connected to the class 2 equipment.

In this example there is a point at which all the CPC's should be connected together - and thats how they should be.

Unfortunately to many people don't connect the earth at the "supply" point of the cable and this is a problem when doing an eicr

In your example the CPC should be terminated in a wago or piece of choc block - NOT cut off so it can't be checked

Reply to Hive wired up correctly in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock