Search the forum,

Discuss Hive to replace Drayton LP722 on Gravity Fed System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I am planning on replacing my Drayton LP722 Programmer for a Hive programmer.( THIS HIVE?? : https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Kit...7&sr=8-2&keywords=hive+heating+hot+water&th=1 )

The system is I believe gravity fed, Boiler downstairs, Hot water cylinder upstairs, two tanks in the loft, There is one pump on the rad pipework next to the boiler. Boiler is an old Marathon Myson freestanding.

Are hive programmers compatible with this setup?

I also have ZERO ethernet ports left on my Router, I can use one for setup of the hive hub, but after that will the hub run on wifi?

I have removed the Drayton to see what's going on behind there and there is

several wires into the neutral,
one into the Live,
port 1 is empty,
port 2 is empty,
port 3 has a live,
port 4 has a live.

Am I right in thinking it is as follows :
Neutrals stay the same,
Live stays the same,
port 1 is blank but is supposed to be HW OFF - Leave blank on new hive
port 2 is blank but supposed to be CH OFF - Leave blank on new hive
Port 3 is HW on which has a live into it - match up to new hive thats HW ON
port 4 is CH on which as a live into it. - match up to new hive thats CH ON

Simply remove the Drayton back plate, put a new backplate from hive on, and then match the wires into the new corresponding hive ports?

Pictures below which may help

Thanks in advance.
2ry37zo.jpg

16k5kcl.jpg

Hive should go straight on the old back plate

Thanks,

Do all the existing wires look in the correct position for the hive?
I simply set it up and change the hive to gravity fed, that's what I Think anyway.

Ive learnt the Hive only runs on ethernet, unless a Hive 360 Hub is is purchased separately, so that's no longer a problem, its the physically wiring

looks right

Reply to Hive to replace Drayton LP722 on Gravity Fed System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock