Search the forum,

Discuss Hive Active Heating Thermostat & Ferroli Domicompact F30 combi in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 118509

Afternoon all,

bit of a long-shot.
My brother in-law is an electrician.
I’m and average DIY-er.

we’ve installed a Hive Thermostat onto my boiler, which is a Ferroli Domicompact F30.

everything is wired in:
  • hub connected to router/internet
  • receiver connected to power & boiler
  • thermostat connected to both.

when we turn the heat up, the receiver clicks and green light illuminates. As such, it appears the request to turn up the heat is being received.
However, the boiler doesn’t initiate and heating does not come on.

we’re thinking it’s something to do with the old clock/timer that’s already wired into the boiler. This is switched to ‘on’ permanently, as opposed to ‘auto’ or ‘off’.

Any ideas if anything needs changing?

my brother in-law fitted exactly the same on his baxi boiler and it worked perfectly.

How were you turning on the boiler before you added the internet heating controls??
Were there ever any existing external heating controls - Like a ROOM THERMOSTAT??

Agree, sounds like you have an open circuit somewhere, eg an old thermostat connection. Have you tested any of the wiring?

Hi @Jhutchings18 did you ever figure this out as i have same boiler and same problem?

thanks in advance
Can you post photos of wiring at the Hive and any additional controls? Also some background - was this a fresh install, or were there controls that were replaced?

Can you post photos of wiring at the Hive and any additional controls? Also some background - was this a fresh install, or were there controls that were replaced?

Attachments

• IMG-20211002-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20211002-WA0005.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20211002-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20211002-WA0003.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 17
Hey all…

Turns out, I had bought the heating AND hot water hive.
I only needed the heating only Hive.

My brother in-law (electrician) said it was something to do with the different in power between the two.

The heating only hive has worked perfectly since.

What stat do you have uncle ?

if by stat you mean thermostat its built into the boiler, the chap that came around last night wired everything up but it just wont fire the boiler up

On the wall you have a wired backplate to I’m guessing a wireless receiver eg wireless room stat ?

Do you have a multi meter ?

It’s wired up wrong, you need a live at number 1 and a switch to number 3, you have a wire in NC (number 2) which is rarely used.

• Was the previous thermostat decommissioned/linked out?
  • Is there a time clock?
  • Did you pay this chap who wired it up?

1. Think it was linked out (This would need checking first)
  2. Yes there's a time clock (is this set to constant?)
  3. Only have the guy £20 just coz he was here ages. (Ok, not a great loss)
Responses in bold above 😉 hopefully your new bloke will sort it.

Reply to Hive Active Heating Thermostat & Ferroli Domicompact F30 combi in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock