Search the forum,

Discuss HIU - how do they work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I believe it's essentially a heat exchanger. Communal hot water is used to heat domestic hot water.

I miss doing commercial work, I remember the first boiler that I serviced by suiting up and walking into with a broom to clean the chamber and circulating pumps that you lift into place with an engine hoist - proper work!

I'm just curious really. I did do a quick calculation based on 1500 apartments with the same heat loss and DHW requirements, plus a rough loss through pipework and it was like you say megawatts. I did have a quick Google on size of pipes required to carry this power but wasnt very successful. Like I said my experience is only on domestic properties, I would love to experience larger systems and definitely want to gain experience with commercial and industrial oil fired appliances. I'm not gas trained, oil is all we ever did.
they break it down fairly well here - full list of HIUs available

Reply to HIU - how do they work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock