From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss HIU - how do they work? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

CorgiDirect - Discounted Corgi Related Documentation and Plumbing Supplies
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
found them :D knew i had them somewhere i did the servicing for a while

2" tappings off each boiler with there own pump into a 8" main dis pipework to a llh and then out to a plate to each building

Attachments

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
found them :D knew i had them somewhere i did the servicing for a while

2" tappings off each boiler with there own pump into a 8" main dis pipework to a llh and then out to a plate to each building
Yes Shaun that’s the sort of set up, some also have a biomass unit which means grants/subsidies
Centralheatking

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Yes Shaun that’s the sort of set up, some also have a biomass unit which means grants/subsidies
Centralheatking
yep this one did as well only 250kw if I remember correctly didn’t work well :D

I would love to gain experience in this level of system lol.
I have been asked more and more over the last year or two to service or repair hiu's but have always passed it up as there's no training around on them and very little info generally- websites YouTube's etc. Mi's are available but I don't fancy biting off a repair job simply on mi's.

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
I have been asked more and more over the last year or two to service or repair hiu's but have always passed it up as there's no training around on them and very little info generally- websites YouTube's etc. Mi's are available but I don't fancy biting off a repair job simply on mi's.
I have never really considered this WC1 this is an important issue. I am with the largest manu of these units later on this week coming and will bring this up informally. Very salient point thank you
Centralheatking

I have never really considered this WC1 this is an important issue. I am with the largest manu of these units later on this week coming and will bring this up informally. Very salient point thank you
Centralheatking
Sign me up.
Fyi I think I emailed sadia an enquiry for hiu training well before Christmas but didn't hear anything back...

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
I would love to gain experience in this level of system lol.
I understand that there will be courses available from the manufacturer this year, I have suggested we advertise the course on PF . Chking
Post automatically merged:

yep this one did as well only 250kw if I remember correctly didn’t work well :D
One I visited last year burnt out and had to be replaced !

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
One of my last jobs commercial projects was to upgrade a retirement complex of 21 one bedroom flats in Norwich this was supplied by 2 boiler rooms each with 2 ideal imax boilers manifolded together at 60 kw per unit connected to a large low loss headers , from there the existing flow and return pipework was connected to 65mm , with a large Grunfoss twin headed pump delivering the heating to each flat where the existing 1" flow and returns into the flats was adapted, elson hotwater tanks were removed all the rads and internal pipework stripped out and renewed 8 of us working in pairs took 6 weeks a huge undertaking each flat had its own HIU to serve each flat supplying heat and hotwater via 2 plate heat exchangers in the unit a water meter and heat meter measure their consumption for billing . Regards kop

Anyone else having problems with attaching pictures . Danny boy you've been a bit quiet lately you been fiddling again ha ha ;) kop

This is what's happening mate ?

Hmmmm that didn't work either

One of my last jobs commercial projects was to upgrade a retirement complex of 21 one bedroom flats in Norwich this was supplied by 2 boiler rooms each with 2 ideal imax boilers manifolded together at 60 kw per unit connected to a large low loss headers , from there the existing flow and return pipework was connected to 65mm , with a large Grunfoss twin headed pump delivering the heating to each flat where the existing 1" flow and returns into the flats was adapted, elson hotwater tanks were removed all the rads and internal pipework stripped out and renewed 8 of us working in pairs took 6 weeks a huge undertaking each flat had its own HIU to serve each flat supplying heat and hotwater via 2 plate heat exchangers in the unit a water meter and heat meter measure their consumption for billing . Regards kop

Anyone else having problems with attaching pictures . Danny boy you've been a bit quiet lately you been fiddling again ha ha ;) kop

Maybe this need looking a chaps ????

Last edited:

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

Maybe this need looking a chaps ????
I believe this week he’s changing a few things so if it doesn’t resolve it self by Friday shoot me a pm :)

Reply to HIU - how do they work? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor