Search the forum,

Discuss HIU Flow Rate Dropping in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I live in a new build block of flats.

We all have HIUs. This model. Type 2 HIU Connection for Primary & Secondary Heating Circuits - Switch2 - https://www.switch2.co.uk/product/type-2

The entity that owns the system didnt maintain it very well so they just had to flush the whole development to get rid of debris in the system. They are doing this one flat at a time. There was also issues with 2 of the 3 communal boilers that they are currently trying to fix.

Before the flush I had a flow rate of 0.25m3h. Which Ive been told my an expert should be approx default. Which gave me enough hot water by only having my timer on for 30 mins in the evening.

After the flush the engineer set the flow rate to 0.3m3h. Over the next week - the flow rate was dropping daily and until it reached 0.1m3h. Which meant regardless of how long I put my hot water timer on for - the water would always be lukewarm.

My neighbour on a higher floor who had the same problem taught me how to adjust the flow rate. I put it up back to 0.25m3h -But its starting dropping again. Down to 0.2m3h this morning.

Any ideas why this might be happening please? As more than one of us have the same problem it cant be an issue with my setup? My direct neighbour took a reading at it was almost 0.4m3h!

Attachments

• hiu-flow-rate.jpg
    hiu-flow-rate.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 5
As you’ve had engineers about I would tbh get them in to fix the issue / actually give you enough hot water

it could be down to a balancing issue there end hard to comment when they’ve been flushing / messing with it

Reply to HIU Flow Rate Dropping in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s especially from Shaun. The customer had ordered swan neck mixer taps for kitchen, bathroom and ensuite. On installing then all the hot water flow is none...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is when the neighbours roughly started. Severn Trent were doing bits and bobs out in the street back then but this is probably a coincidence. Our water...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock