Search the forum,

Discuss Hissing pipes filling loop not working in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I hope you can give me some advice.
The day after a pump replacement last week, on my Halstead ace, the boiler and pipes made a hissing noise when the hot water taps were used - a noise like when the pressure is too low- this continued when the taps were turned off and until the boiler stopped running - usually about 3 minutes later.
I bled the radiators got a bit of air out from the ones upstairs -when topped up the pressure to 1.5 bar it stopped.

It started hissing again yesterday after using the hot water so I tried topping up the pressure, even though its not low- nearly 1.5 bar and the filling loop isn't making any water filling noise and the pressure gauge isn't rising either.

No air in radiators, is there any ideas? Thanks

This morning still hissing then I turned the hot water tap on, but weirdly it’s not doing it anymore only after I used cold water on washing machine And loo flushing. Is there an airlock which the cold water power temp cleared?

Reply to Hissing pipes filling loop not working in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock