Search the forum,

Discuss Hisense dishwasher hose won't connect to cold water supply in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We've had a new dishwasher delivered - Hisense HS661C60WUK - and I'm having trouble connecting it to the cold water supply.

It just won't screw on all the way. Threads don't look damaged to me. Looks like it's some sort of anti-flood hose (?) which I've never used before. No info about this in the (pretty flimsy crappy) manual!

Photos attached - happy to take more :)

Maybe the cold water supply valve just isn't the right fit for the DW hose?

Any help with this would be really appreciated - it's driving me nuts!

Thanks!
Anna

IMG_5732.JPG
IMG_5732.JPGIMG_5734.JPGIMG_5735.JPGIMG_5736.JPGIMG_5737.JPGIMG_5739.JPGIMG_5740.JPG

Would say the new hose looks damaged / thread damaged

I wonder if the filter in the centre of the hose connector is slightly bigger than the inside diameter of the valve you're fitting it to, thus not allowing the rubber washer to seal the connection?
To test that theory, you could try just temporarily removing the filter and see if the parts then mate properly and not leak.
Otherwise the threads may not be the same?

Judging from the original photo's in this thread, if you count the threads visible when connected in the shot, the female hose connector is not screwed on enough for the end of the valve to properly contact the rubber washer surrounding the filter in the hose.
Maybe my previous suggestion was correct, or the threads are different and not doing up correctly?
Try adding a further washer in the end of the hose?

Mines not cross threaded. Water is dripping from the back where the plastic nut is. Had a plumber out and he cant figure it out and he's never seen this type of connection. . Call to Hisense I think

I've just a Hisense and have the same issue.

What is the fix?

Thanks

We've had a new dishwasher delivered - Hisense HS661C60WUK - and I'm having trouble connecting it to the cold water supply.

It just won't screw on all the way. Threads don't look damaged to me. Looks like it's some sort of anti-flood hose (?) which I've never used before. No info about this in the (pretty flimsy crappy) manual!

Thanks!
Anna

View attachment 73975View attachment 73975View attachment 73976View attachment 73977View attachment 73978View attachment 73979View attachment 73980View attachment 73981

What is the fix?

Thanks

Thanks!
Anna

View attachment 73975View attachment 73975View attachment 73976View attachment 73977View attachment 73978View attachment 73979View attachment 73980View attachment 73981

What is the fix?

Thanks
None of the people who have reported this problem, including on other forums, have ever been back to explain how they fixed it.
Assuming the thread is not binding, I would suggest putting another washer into the end of the hose, on top of what's already there, maybe two!
Eg: (might need trimming down round the outside edge)
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/arctic-products-washing-machine-hose-washers-3-4-5-pack/6039j

I'll post what worked for me in case anyone else comes across this post. The thread had a small amount of ptfe tape in the grooves from before. Cleaning out the thread was the key to making the connection tight.

Do you need it to go all the way down the thread? Or if you got the PTFE out of half the threads, would that still work or what?

Thanks for posting BTW @epic99

Welcome to Plumbers Forums

Do you need it to go all the way down the thread? Or if you got the PTFE out of half the threads, would that still work or what?

Thanks for posting BTW @epic99

Welcome to Plumbers Forums
I got out as much as I could. Then tighted hand tight, The section connected to the autostop value should not move. If it does it will leak.

Reply to Hisense dishwasher hose won't connect to cold water supply in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock