From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Hilti drill just died. Do you have back up in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
I tell you whats a little cracker , the screwfix titan one for around £70 , I borrowed one a while ago , ok its not a makita etc , but its powerful and does everything you want

OP
M

mutley racers

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is this an ads then? Will it core 40mm holes?

I think someone said this a while ago on another thread.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Yep no bother at all , theres a couple cheaper , they are pretty powerful .

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
I like to have a back up drill, but for core drilling with a proper machine I am down to one drill at moment.
Your Hilti drill perhaps has brushes and they just need replaced. Might be a job you can do yourself. Try Hilti shop for spares.

Harvest Fields

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Down to
I like to have a back up drill, but for core drilling with a proper machine I am down to one drill at moment.
Your Hilti drill perhaps has brushes and they just need replaced. Might be a job you can do yourself. Try Hilti shop for spares.
my emergency ads drill myself, it’s not even a specific core drill.:eek::eek:

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Down to

my emergency ads drill myself, it’s not even a specific core drill.:eek::eek:
Hope then that your emergency drill has a good operating clutch? :)
I have a faulty core drill I am hoping just the brushes are gone and drill is repairable.
So am down to just my Hilti hammer drill.

OP
M

mutley racers

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I actually drove past the hilti shop on way home so dropped it off for repair. It was also wobbling all over the place when drilling rather than a straight line so good to get it fixed.

The Titan one mentioned, is this the 3.5kg one the 6

OP
M

mutley racers

Plumber
Gas Engineer
So i bought the titan 3.5kg ads. To be honest I am very impressed for a cheap back up drill. Finished my 35mm core no problem.

Some more good news, Got a text saying my Hilti repaired drill will be delivered on Monday. I have not even paid yet!

Harvest Fields

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
So i bought the titan 3.5kg ads. To be honest I am very impressed for a cheap back up drill. Finished my 35mm core no problem.

Some more good news, Got a text saying my Hilti repaired drill will be delivered on Monday. I have not even paid yet!
Result

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
there back up service is top notch might even get delivered by the rep if you havent seen him in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hilti drill just died. Do you have back up in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares