Search the forum,

Discuss Higher Flow rate required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, I'm away to first fix 3 x 1 bedroom flats. There is is One Cold supply in basement below flats, the pressure/flow rate isn't great. Without getting council to Install a bigger service is it possible to install a pump or Cold main booster to give adequate flow rate to these flats??? I believe increasing pressure may not increase flow rate?? Cheers

Your better off having the incoming main upgraded if that will make any difference to your flow rate.

You can fit a booster pump but can only fit upto a certain size due to water regs but you are better off trying to fix the problem than try and find a way around.

Your better off having the incoming main upgraded if that will make any difference to your flow rate.

You can fit a booster pump but can only fit upto a certain size due to water regs but you are better off trying to fix the problem than try and find a way around.
Cheers, I have advised customer to upgrade but he is keen to find a way round it due to waiting times for incoming main upgrade. Any advice on where to find info on locating suitable and sized pump?

Look in the water regs it will tell you. Of the top of my head you can only fit a booster of about 13l a minute before having to get the water company involved.

You could fit an accumulator but that wont be a cheap option.

Hi, any roughed idea how many litres per minute needed for 3 1 bed flats?
A 'good shower' by UK standards consumes 6 litre per minute. There's a fair chance that all three flats will want a shower at the same time in the morning, which gives you your peak demand. If the flats are a bit more up-market than I have in mind, 'power showers' might require twice these amounts.

Upgrading the incoming main is my preferred option. It's a one-time cost and you don't have the to find the space needed by an accumulator, etc. Accumulators aren't cheap either.

If your fine on dynamic pressure then fit some accumulators

Or you can if the pressure is poor as well fit a big break tank and pump set and boost

A 'good shower' by UK standards consumes 6 litre per minute. There's a fair chance that all three flats will want a shower at the same time in the morning, which gives you your peak demand. If the flats are a bit more up-market than I have in mind, 'power showers' might require twice these amounts.

Upgrading the incoming main is my preferred option. It's a one-time cost and you don't have the to find the space needed by an accumulator, etc. Accumulators aren't cheap either.
Cheers, I'll keep at him to uograde, I rekon
What size/material is the existing main?
25mm
What size/material is the existing main?
25 mm

Reply to Higher Flow rate required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock