Search the forum,

Discuss Higher Flow rate needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, I am about 1st fix 3 x 1 bedroom flats, small 15 litre water heaters under basins and sinks. Electric showers. Problem is there is One 25mm (poly) cold feed with low pressure. Without involving Council for Larger supply to property is it possible to install a suitable pump (booster) to increase a steady flow rate or will this just increase pressure????? And if so any type of boosters recommended? Cheers

Hi there, I am about 1st fix 3 x 1 bedroom flats, small 15 litre water heaters under basins and sinks. Electric showers. Problem is there is One 25mm (poly) cold feed with low pressure. Without involving Council for Larger supply to property is it possible to install a suitable pump (booster) to increase a steady flow rate or will this just increase pressure????? And if so any type of boosters recommended? Cheers
Have you calculated the gross water volume when all 3 lecky showers are running ? If they are cheap showers you might just get away with it...are they these one bedroom kitchen/lounge jobs ?
because the ones I survey are only used to sleep in. Anyway
who did the specification if it was not you carry on blame the
Architect We do ! centralheatking

Have you calculated the gross water volume when all 3 lecky showers are running ? If they are cheap showers you might just get away with it...are they these one bedroom kitchen/lounge jobs ?
because the ones I survey are only used to sleep in. Anyway
who did the specification if it was not you carry on blame the
Architect We do ! centralheatking
Yeah, there's no specification or Architect.
Yeah, there's no specification or Architect.
Existing main is 23 litres per minute and showers use 6 litres per minute.

Existing main is 23 litres per minute and showers use 6 litres per minute.

Six lpm is a low-consumption shower (electric or good quality eco head) but occupants may want to install something a bit more luxurious/wasteful, in which case that number could double or triple.

IMO, a 25mm service pipe is small for three separate dwellings. If you want see whether you can get away with it, you may want to consider sizing the internal distribution pipework to anticipate the possibility of a future upgrade to a 32 or 50mm service pipe.

Reply to Higher Flow rate needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock