Search the forum,

Discuss High pitched note from mains water pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a flat in a 1920s UK block.
The mains water feeds ~40 flats, of which I am one.
There is no local boiler, though there is a communal one for the whole building.

Recently, always at night, the mains water pipes have started to vibrate at a high frequency - emitting a "singing" note . This seems to happen independently of any water use in the flat, though of course it could be related to water use (or asomething else? Pumps?) elsewhere in the block.

Turing on/off mains taps in the flat seems to have no reliable effect - and the noise can last from minutes to hours - though, so far, only at night.

The block is council owned, and they are a bit at a loss...but it is really infuriating at night. I've included a link to a recording of the noise....any ideas? If I can give them any pointers they are far more likely to be able to help, and it's a real pain....

http://bbarker.duckdns.org/pipes.m4a

Reply to High pitched note from mains water pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock