Search the forum,

Discuss High output gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Steve weightman

Gas Engineer
I'm looking to supply and fit an outset convector fire and need a decent looking LFE with a good output I've seen the Robinson willey firecharm at 4.4kw is there anything bigger. Thanks

you had a look at flavel there the only other on that may do a high output one but tbh doubt you will get one over 4.4kw output

you had a look at flavel there the only other on that may do a high output one but tbh doubt you will get one over 4.4kw output
Yeah looked at flavel the biggest I can see is a 4. Just want to make sure I've got the biggest as I'm taking out a 6.8 inset which I'm told is'ant doing a good job of Heating a large room up . Must say I'm slightly concerned the 4.4 won't be much better

tbh they shouldnt be relying on a gas fire for primary heat these days only secondary i alot still just put the fire on but depending on the room size and venting its got no chance and tbh i dont like them much

tbh they shouldnt be relying on a gas fire for primary heat these days only secondary i alot still just put the fire on but depending on the room size and venting its got no chance and tbh i dont like them much
Customers very insistent not to put on the heating on in other rooms now that she's been widowed and living on her own and plus the thought of her existing fire not being efficent with it being inset and not a convector and the money going up the flue

Customers very insistent not to put on the heating on in other rooms now that she's been widowed and living on her own and plus the thought of her existing fire not being efficent with it being inset and not a convector and the money going up the flue

trvs turn them off ? just thinking will be better efficiency etc

@firemant? I Have seen high output but not in lfe.

Yeah looked at flavel the biggest I can see is a 4. Just want to make sure I've got the biggest as I'm taking out a 6.8 inset which I'm told is'ant doing a good job of Heating a large room up . Must say I'm slightly concerned the 4.4 won't be much better

CBW: I have been out of the fireplace loop for a few years. However 4.0Kw ish is abut as high as a standard high efficiency inset fire goes. Generally, for a HE fire, the input is lowered to maintain the output around 3.6 - 4.0Kw. Outset convector fires are a bit higher. These are not classed as HE's, but in practice are. There ARE much bigger output fires, but these tend to designer type and physically larger, probably not what the OP is interested in.

Steve: The 6.8 inset is probably returning less than 20%, if it is a basic inset with no chamber. In fact, inset trays can return a NEGATIVE return, given certain conditions. But your concern about the 4.4Kw not being much better is probably groundless. 4.4Kw of heat is a LOT, and will heat up a large room. How many folk with gas fires do you know that run the fire on full? Unless the room is massive, the 4.4 will be fine. My (60's build) lounge is about 8M x 5M, and our fire is, I think, about 4Kw output, and is fine. A bigger concern for me is the position and type of control tap. Old folk with dodgy hands struggle to turn the knob and hold it in for the required period. Even dafter are those outset fires with the controls at the bottom - especially when you consider that the main market for these are old folk. Most get the hang of it, but if YOU supply the fire, they will be mpre resistant and moany, so just a heads up

CBW: I have been out of the fireplace loop for a few years. However 4.0Kw ish is abut as high as a standard high efficiency inset fire goes. Generally, for a HE fire, the input is lowered to maintain the output around 3.6 - 4.0Kw. Outset convector fires are a bit higher. These are not classed as HE's, but in practice are. There ARE much bigger output fires, but these tend to designer type and physically larger, probably not what the OP is interested in.

Steve: The 6.8 inset is probably returning less than 20%, if it is a basic inset with no chamber. In fact, inset trays can return a NEGATIVE return, given certain conditions. But your concern about the 4.4Kw not being much better is probably groundless. 4.4Kw of heat is a LOT, and will heat up a large room. How many folk with gas fires do you know that run the fire on full? Unless the room is massive, the 4.4 will be fine. My (60's build) lounge is about 8M x 5M, and our fire is, I think, about 4Kw output, and is fine. A bigger concern for me is the position and type of control tap. Old folk with dodgy hands struggle to turn the knob and hold it in for the required period. Even dafter are those outset fires with the controls at the bottom - especially when you consider that the main market for these are old folk. Most get the hang of it, but if YOU supply the fire, they will be mpre resistant and moany, so just a heads up
Last thing I'd want is to supply and fit and it be no better than before. My thoughts are it would be sufficient enough with it being outset and efficiency being 82% and wanted confirmation it would be as well. Thanks for your response

Reply to High output gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock