Search the forum,

Discuss High limit stat tripping on a warmflow oil boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening, about 2 years ago a customers high limit stat was tripping every so ofte,n not a sealed system. I turned the circulating pump speed up to 3 from 2 and seemed to cure it , until recently. Tripping again and hes now saying when he turned the Boiler on didn't heat water but rads were hotter than normal. I service and repair oil boilers and have replaced pumps, motorized valves etc many times but I'm not a plumber with a plumbers knowledge. Originally I thought pump for sure, possibly the boiler stat but now I'm thinking motorized valve also, and maybe more than 1 of them. 1 last thing, warmflow boilers have their own stat, I have changed imit stat like for like, is it ok to change a warmflow stat with a imit stat, no point in stocking everything, many thanks.

Warmflow boilers used Imit stats for decades, but now use a different (French made I think) stat which I find gives trouble.
The control stat is almost certainly faulty and probably boiler is running too hot and close to limit stat cut off temperature. Less likely to be the limit stat.
You need to replace the entire stat. The pocket is slightly different and although it could still do an Imit stat, you might want to replace everything, or just buy an identical replacement stat to make life easy for yourself.
I have a customer on texting with identical problem on a Warmflow as I type this. :)

Warmflow boilers used Imit stats for decades, but now use a different (French made I think) stat which I find gives trouble.
The control stat is almost certainly faulty and probably boiler is running too hot and close to limit stat cut off temperature. Less likely to be the limit stat.
You need to replace the entire stat. The pocket is slightly different and although it could still do an Imit stat, you might want to replace everything, or just buy an identical replacement stat to make life easy for yourself.
I have a customer on texting with identical problem on a Warmflow as I type this. :)

Ye I'm told the Boiler is probably kettling ,ye I know what you mean Best about the stats, years ago I've saw warmflow boilers with imit stats fitted, but now seems to be their own. Just a hassle having to stock or go get a warmflow stat, if things were kept more universal, be easier all round.

Reply to High limit stat tripping on a warmflow oil boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating normally. Here are the symptoms 1. Signal from thermostat is not firing the boiler. It does not make any sound when heating is on from thermostat. 2...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot Water Cylinder. Analogue Controller with slide switches (replaced 2 years ago) and analogue Room Stat and Hot water cylinder Stat. I'm just an amateur...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock