Search the forum,

Discuss high level WC downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trwynybwa

Hi, I have a situation whereby the cistern of a close coupled WC won't sit on the wall where I'd like it to go, so I'm looking for an alternative solution. The wall in question was originally an external wall and so the end of a nice thick slate window sill (which I don't want to damage) protrudes a couple of inches beyond the render - a WC pan would sit nicely beneath it, but a cistern would either have to be to the right of the sill, or above it. The only possible solution I've come up with is a high level cistern (with a pull chain). My question is, would it be possible to modify the downpipe between the cistern and the pan so it's not directly vertical (couple of slight bends), avoids the window sill and still provides enough of a flush for the pan? The cistern could be placed 10 feet (or more) above the pan so height isn't an issue. With some toilet sets, the downpipe included is chrome plated (and I guess the finish wouldn't take too kindly to the pipe being bent around). Can plastic pipe be 'persuaded' out of being straight (e.g.with steam against a form), or is it more likely I'll need to use a few connectors? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Yes you can construct your own high level flush pipework,you can use fittings,try to use 45'were possible but you can use a male/female elbow connecting to pan if required
you can bend the pipe slightly by heating and bending,spread the heat along the section of the pipe in question,do not consentrate it on one point,you could also go through the wall and place cistern on that side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to high level WC downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as it should in my view. It usually needs at least 2 flushes to even shift just toilet paper. It hasn’t been used for anything other than that. It’s a...
Replies
Views
I have bought a new close-coupled WC that will be installed by a plumber. The plumber and I are currently in discussion about how it should be connected to the drain hole in the concrete floor. The situation is as follows. The technical drawing of the manufacturer (Armitage Shanks) indicates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock