Search the forum,

Discuss High level cistern question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife in her infinite wisdom has decided she wants a high level cistern. As the standard height is 2.3 ish metres and the room is 1.9 my question is can the flush pie be trimmed this much without affecting the flush too much? The cistern is a 3/6 L dual flush.

It should work fine. The height difference is insignificant. It is also same as "low level" cisterns, which are only raised perhaps 300mm.
Hope the pan will suit 6 litre max flush

Ok thanks, thought this would be the case but thought I better check as manufacturer puts a disclaimer on regarding flush issues, but then they always do cover themselves!

Pan is being replaced at same time so will ensure its compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High level cistern question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I’m trying to replace an antique high level cistern with a more modern ceramic one. The flush pipe is routed in a very specific way so the new one will probably need to be bespoke. Does anyone have any experience, or at least seen, bespoke flush pipes? I was hoping they could be made...
Replies
Views
Sorry this is a bit long but I need to explain the scenario. My neighbour's soil pipe runs underneath the backyard of my house (where my son, his wife and his 6 year-old daughter now live). It then joins our soil pipe and goes on to the main sewer. They are both 3-storey 5-bedroomed terraced...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Today I attempted to fix an old leaky high level cistern that was leaking from the base of the cistern. I replaced the cistern flush (Dudley) but noticed the hole diameter on cistern was quite large compared to the inlet pipe ( circa 48 mm cistern hole vs 32 mm of inlet pipe) after...
Replies
Views
In the last few days we've had high water level in downstairs toilet. The first few flushes are good and waste flows away but eventually the water level rises in the pan to perhaps half the height of the pan and takes some hours to drain away. Last night I poured 6 large buckets of hot water...
Replies
Views
U
The wife in her infinite wisdom has decided she wants a high level cistern. As the standard height is 2.3 ish metres and the room is 1.9 my question is can the flush pie be trimmed this much without affecting the flush too much? The cistern is a 3/6 L dual flush. Cheers
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock