Search the forum,

Discuss High Level Cistern Leak in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Today I attempted to fix an old leaky high level cistern that was leaking from the base of the cistern. I replaced the cistern flush (Dudley) but noticed the hole diameter on cistern was quite large compared to the inlet pipe ( circa 48 mm cistern hole vs 32 mm of inlet pipe) after assembly it still leaked so I applied some sealant around the cistern thread and tightened up nut. My questions are : Is this usual practice ? OR is the inlet pipe vs cistern hole incompatible and therefore either the cistern needs replacing or is there a larger diameter inlet pipe available? It’s a bit like when you replace a single waste you have to apply silicone ? Any comments appreciated -Andy

Reply to High Level Cistern Leak in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m trying to replace an antique high level cistern with a more modern ceramic one. The flush pipe is routed in a very specific way so the new one will probably need to be bespoke. Does anyone have any experience, or at least seen, bespoke flush pipes? I was hoping they could be made...
Replies
Views
We are trying to replace the push button flush on our toilet. We've got a replacement flush, that includes seals for 1.5" and 2" cisterns, however the diameter of the hole at the bottom of our cistern is bigger, about 2.65cm/2.7". We've attempted to use the 2"seal,with the old doughnut seal...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have an issue with my concealed Ideal Standard Conceala cistern Just don't seem to be able to fix this - the problem is intermittently that the inlet valve will dribble, making a hissing noise. It's been doing this for a while and assumed it was because the syphon seal was leaking very...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m posting a new thread to my first a couple of weeks ago. I’m at my wits end trying to sort a leaking high level cistern that is leaking from the base where the flush pipe connects. I have already replaced the syphon flush with a new one (Dudley) . The issue is the diameter hole size of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock