Search the forum,

Discuss High Flow Double Check Valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Marc Bowers

Gas Engineer
Hi all, I’ve a customer with a failed double check valve on a water softener, it’s 22mm compression but with a far larger bore than the usual DCV’s you see online. Anyone know if they are called something different or where I can get one? I’ve even been on the water softener website and they don’t seem to sell them. Ta.

You sure it’s not a 28mm dcv threaded end eg 1”-22mm male irons

That’s what I normally do

Another option is a swing check valve have to be installed horizontally tho

Is it the attached per chance?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011_222602_com.android.chrome_edit_930449890086666.jpg
    Screenshot_20221011_222602_com.android.chrome_edit_930449890086666.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 7
It’s not, but that’s the first one I’ve seen rated as high flow. What’s the web address?
It's an RWC branded valve.

Jet do the attached variant too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011_231406_com.android.chrome_edit_933316473638833.jpg
    Screenshot_20221011_231406_com.android.chrome_edit_933316473638833.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 5
Dear Marc, how did you identify the failed double check valve on a water softener? The inlet to our Harvey's softener has been making a clunking noise intermittently for 5 days now. Could it be the same problem as yours? Thanks so much for reply Sara

Dear Marc, how did you identify the failed double check valve on a water softener? The inlet to our Harvey's softener has been making a clunking noise intermittently for 5 days now. Could it be the same problem as yours? Thanks so much for reply Sara
My problem was flow rate. A clunking noise is usually water hammer and can have a number of sources (not necessarily in the area of the noise)

Reply to High Flow Double Check Valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock