Search the forum,

Discuss High and low pressure system nightmare. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willingnotable

I am looking for some solid advice. I have moved into a 2nd floor flat that has a Potterton Puma 100 combi boiler. The cold water supply to the bathroom and ensuite shower room is fed from the communal tank in the loft. The building is 4 storeys (ie 1 more residential level above me and then the loft). The main bathroom has a mixer tap with incorporated shower function and the ensuite has a thermostatic shower. My problem, as im sure you can predict, is that the shower temperature fluctuates wildly from cold to hot and back again every 4mins or so. I have been advised that the system needs to be either all on mains pressure or all on low pressure. I believe my incoming mains pressure is around 2 bar. The flat above is all on mains supply and at peak times their mains pressure and flow is very low, so im reluctant to connect to the mains and suffer the same fate. Ive also been advised that I could install an accumulator tank off the mains and pump the pressure to 3bar, which would then supply both the combi and the cold outlets (ie. disconnect from the cws tank). However this would cost about £5k which right now I don't have. Are there any other solutions that might work for me - pressure equalisation controls on the existing set up etc etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dont use more than one shower/tap at a time for starters, otherwise your a bit up shyte creek with no paddle. you cant mix mains and stored water with a combi.

dont use more than one shower/tap at a time for starters, otherwise your a bit up shyte creek with no paddle. you cant mix mains and stored water with a combi.
Thanks for the response and info. Does that mean im left with looking at connecting fully to the mains directly (not ideal considering problems my neighbouring flats have had), or installing an accumulator tank type arrangement? If so, would just an accumulator tank suffice or would I have to have a mains boost pump installed to feed the tank too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High and low pressure system nightmare. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock