Search the forum,

Hi

Discuss Hi in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Thought I should start on the right track and say hello! I feel I should apologise for unashamedly coming for advice as a DIYer. I'm pretty much prepared to tackle anything going wrong in my house. My main pluming related claim to "fame" is having kept a Potterton Supreme / Gledhill Boilermate system running for 21 years with the help of the Gledhill forum. Biggest job was diagnosing a blocked feed to the Gledhill and adding a new feed via the header tank to the Gledhill drain tap. Now need advice on my new Veissman Combi! Hope you don't mind!

Hello and welcome

If you could spell 'Plumbing' correctly - it may help.

There's a few touchy souls on here who take great offense to spelling mistakes.

Edit your spelling and the forum will help you.

Welcome

Reply to Hi in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
I recently took off an end stop on the vent/expansion pipe over the heating header tank. I now know why it was capped off. When the 2 way valve opens to heat the hot water, water pours out of the vent pipe. I had a heating engineer out, he said get rid, open vented systems are now obsolete...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice if anyone has worked on a boilermate 2000 try to condense the story, Lived in our home 3 years with the system working fine, but 2 days ago hot water stopped. From research it now looks like the past owner already had a problem. They have changed the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock