Search the forum,

Discuss Hi, old DIY idiot joining forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello!
I thought I would at least put in a Hello message before I ask a question - it seems more polite.
I'm an enthusiastic DIYer or probably more accurately rather than "enthusiastic" read "addict".
I suppose I started by helping my Dad with DIY before the term was even invented in the early 1950's and I have not yet stopped. From the first roll of wallpaper in my first flat - and what an introduction using the cheapest, stretchiest paper on a stairs with long, long drop to barn conversion, renovating 12 bedroom hotel in Austria, crappy farm house in France (after idiot English chap owned it - live connected to earth in metal light switch etc.) and now as I near 70 I am taking it easy - 1950's house needing complete going over.

Hello!
I thought I would at least put in a Hello message before I ask a question - it seems more polite.
I'm an enthusiastic DIYer or probably more accurately rather than "enthusiastic" read "addict".
I suppose I started by helping my Dad with DIY before the term was even invented in the early 1950's and I have not yet stopped. From the first roll of wallpaper in my first flat - and what an introduction using the cheapest, stretchiest paper on a stairs with long, long drop to barn conversion, renovating 12 bedroom hotel in Austria, crappy farm house in France (after idiot English chap owned it - live connected to earth in metal light switch etc.) and now as I near 70 I am taking it easy - 1950's house needing complete going over.
hiya, ask away ....centralheatking

Hello and welcome

Reply to Hi, old DIY idiot joining forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My name is Ĺžtefan (or Steven, if you like). I'm from Bucharest, capital of Romania. Borned here, raised here. My passion for some old plumbing cames from the fact that I have a certain fascination for pre-1949 bigger apartament buildings in Bucharest (Bucharest is only one city in...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello, I wonder is I could ask for some advice please. I have just replaced and only gravity fed boiler with a new Baxi heat only boiler. The system is two pipe and has 17 rads in a long old house. The system is 22mm copper except the last 5 rads which are 15mm. (I know this should be no more...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the story: we live on a farm in southeast PA. Our well is 60' deep with the water table around 10'. Two houses supplied from the same well. One day I...
Replies
Views
Hello. We bought a house (Nice, France) that is currently heated/cooled by Daiken reversable aircon....cooling in summer is excellent...heating in winter is Rubbish. The Daiken aircon was installed five years ago but the owners left in the old water radiators. The original oil boiler was also...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock