Search the forum,

Discuss Hi Looking to get own Gas Safe Registration, Need Advice and Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s1989

Hi I am looking to register with Gas Safe
I have worked for B.G 10 years Homeserve 2 years as Service +Breakdown
I have recently applied for a few jobs and I have been offer a job with reasonable pay for 3 days a week work working directly for them under there Gas Safe. They will allow me to work on the side providing I get my own Gas Safe. I am looking to just do CP12, maybe the odd breakdown or install.
I am looking to use my Car jobs with estate agents, friends etc.

Will I have to register as company/Business?

Can I do CP12’s without being a company just inputting my Gas safe etc?

Do you have to register all your jobs with Gas safe(just saying this as £2.50 each job) ?

Thank you for your time, I hope none of the question are stupid. Used to working in for company , so want to know what i may need to do before taking job offer.

You will have to register as a seperate company. All installs have to be registered with gas safe and don't forget your public liability insurance too.

As above what chalked says, but you dont register jobs, just new installs .

Ok so you only register new installs so if im doing cp12 i wont havee to register that ive done cp12 other than filliNg it out. And that applies to breakdowns as well i guess.

Is 600quid a reasonable price for public liabilty insurance wasnt expecting to be as much

Ok so you only register new installs so if im doing cp12 i wont havee to register that ive done cp12 other than filliNg it out. And that applies to breakdowns as well i guess.
Correct.
If you are already registered you can register as a company. Gas safe will come and inspect you straight away.
Don't forget most people need an invoice for cp12, so cash is out! You Aldo need yo keep all records so gas safe can do an audit. ( I lnow 2 local to me that age been)
You will need an analyser in calibration too.

Is 600quid a reasonable price for public liabilty insurance wasnt expecting to be as much
About right. I pay £550.

Welcome to the real world. All that is charged is not profit!

I am currently under gas safe of my company what i am looking to do is work for company and set up on the side doing a bit, how will they inspect me , i will just use telegan of my company wont be able to use there van , but was hoping to use my car its a mini 4x4 , what will they be looking im confident in my work will they just watch me at work and do test paper, or are they looking for forgive again for being a nuisance

It takes a couple of hours. Find a customers boiler to work on. Tightness test, gas rate, a few questions and your away.
After that, you can do what you like. You might even be tempted to go self employed fully.
Oh, and you will need to pay fir a company registration to gas safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi Looking to get own Gas Safe Registration, Need Advice and Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock