Search the forum,

Discuss Hi I have slow rising pressure in boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have slow rising of pressure in boiler not sure why but blue valve its fully open and black one closed..read on web that both should be closed is that true? Trying to attach pictures

Is it a combi or just system boiler. Both filling valves should be closed.
If the pressure is creeping it could be a valve letting by. You could have an expansion vessel problem if its creeping when boiler is on. If its a combi it could be the PHX.

Hi its combi boiler ideal mini c24 just been told blue one valve should be like that on other forum... was advised to remove silver hose thats what i did pressure dropped by 1/10 bar.. and still now.. looks like valves are ok no leak

There should be two valves on the filling loop and a double check valve. Both valves should be in off position once filled.
Yes removing the filling loop to see if either of the valves is passing is one check. If you've done this and there is no leak then that tells me the problem is elsewhere.
Is the pressure creeping all the time or when the burner is running?

Your blue one is fine, you have a single tap operated filling valve, the other is your double check valve, hance no water coming out, which you have disconnected. Provided this isn’t passing, I’m guessing you have an expansion issue or a pinholed plate heat exchanger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Hi I have slow rising pressure in boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock