Search the forum,

Discuss Hi Flo Shower Drain not draining in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - I had a low profile shower installed professionally some 4 years ago. The hi flo drain keeps clogging up. Last time we eventually cleared a bit of it when a 'plug' of gunge came out that was the shape of the inside of the pipe - ie, it had congealed and formed like an inner blockage - I'm sure the other half remained but we'd had enough by then. We'd stuck everything up and down - from inside and outside - and also used hose pipe under pressure, both ends with towel wrapped around, and plunger. Its on an outside, ground floor room, so easy access. Today I bought a stainless steel 'snake' to shove down, but couldnt get it in. We're talking 3 months since I last tried to clean it. Only used by my husband who hardly has any hair, so its mainly soap gunge probably. Anyway, main reason for posting is, the problem for me is that I don't seem to be able to find any trap that I can take out - the only way to get to it would be to remove the tray, which ofcourse is ridiculous. Any ideas? Thanks all. (ignore the white, its not dirt or scale its talcum powder - didnt notice it til I uploaded photo)

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2029.jpeg
    IMG_2029.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2031.jpeg
    IMG_2031.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2030.jpeg
    IMG_2030.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Dont like them wastes.

Could possibly be not enough fall on pipe.
No, I don’t like it either. I remember they did discuss the fall at the time, I think that’s right. But it did use to work OK so it obviously is clogged - but how do I get access? Is there no more access? Why don’t you like them? Completely useless if you can’t get access for cleaning - makes it expensive if you have to lift the shower tray every few weeks to clean it!!

That’s one of the “vortex” type wastes and there is nothing you can dismantle.
Like Simon, I don’t like this type of waste as it can be very difficult to clear when blocked.
As you spear to have access from outside- have you tried a wet vac?
Hold a wet vac over the waste pipe using a damp cloth and you hand to make a good seal. Have someone inside to pour warm water into the shower outlet.

That’s one of the “vortex” type wastes and there is nothing you can dismantle.
Like Simon, I don’t like this type of waste as it can be very difficult to clear when blocked.
As you spear to have access from outside- have you tried a wet vac?
Hold a wet vac over the waste pipe using a damp cloth and you hand to make a good seal. Have someone inside to pour warm water into the shower outlet.
Brilliant. Thanks. Yes, I remeber now, Vortex. Thanks so much for confirming nothing more to dismantle. And yes, I do have Vax machine in a pile waiting to car boot, so will give that a try. Brilliant.

Reply to Hi Flo Shower Drain not draining in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock