Search the forum,

Discuss Hi. Could you help me identify this part? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

61435537_298152171126902_5057965285491867648_n.jpg
Hi.

I was looking for this part in B&Q, ScrewFix and Homebase, but with no success.

They told me they never seen this part before. I need something but little longer to fix my pipes under bathtub.

Would be great if you could help me name it.

Many thanks.

@Riley thank you for your reply. First I would like to try find exactly the same part, but I know this can be impossible. The part you send looks like could solve my problem, I'll buy it tomorrow and check.

You may not find the exact part of it was a crap and nasty version

if you need to extend it by how much?

It`s from McAlpine, M32 or M28, something like that. Yours is missing a rubber flat washer.

wow. This is a great community, thank you all for your help.

@ShaunCorbs this looks like mine - thank you. My part is 53mm long. I would like to find the same part but instead of 53mm -> about 80-90mm long.
Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 10.15.04.png

Can I connect these pipes any other way?
scheme.png

If your drawing is of a trap under the bath.
Plain pipe into the threaded part, on the pipe you place; threaded nut, slip washer (red/pink), rubber cone washer (thin end of wedge into trap). Cut this pipe to length to marry up with your existing pipe and join the two together with a straight coupling ( mcalpine T28m)

@Ben-gee @Riley ehhh I think I need to give up and left this for professional Plumber :) Do you know how much this can cost me and can you recommend someone in Greater Manchester (Altrincham).

Also, these pipes are hard to reach because they are under the bathtub...

Many thanks.

Should be relatively simple for a plumber. You’d probably pay for an hours labour and materials. Can’t quote £££ as we it varies so much up and down the country

Reply to Hi. Could you help me identify this part? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock