Search the forum,

Discuss Hi.... and a combi boiler pressure drop query! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Just joined forum as amateur DIY guy and wonder if anyone here can help me. I have a Vaillant 828 Turbomax Combi boiler which I’ve had for about 16 years old. I monitored the pressure yesterday & saw that it was quite low (around 1) so I topped it up to just over 2 and when I went back to it today it's dropped down to 1 again which made me wonder what’s wrong…e.g. an issue with the expansion vessel, fault on pressure gauge, leak, etc. The boiler still seems to be working ok still too. Thank you in advance for your help/comments. Tony

I would not top the boiler to 2 bar once it starts expanding you will get a lot higher pressure. As above 1 bar is not that low

ok thanks so it was just below 1 and i put it up to just over 2 (tricky as have to turn screw underneath and cannot see gauge when topping up!) and the next time i looked it was back down to 1

You may have an issue with your centealheating sysyem or boiler. If you are worry I’d recommend you to get a gas safe engineer out

If you know you have an issue then get a gas safe engineer. Not really up for 20 questions or guess the issue from next to no info.

I know i have an issue, thought someone here might help the diagnosis

Go round and check for leaks on the rads and visible pipework. If you find them repair them If you don't find any then call someone in as you may have a fault within the boiler and you shouldn't be touching inside there.

Probably nothing wrong but a simple weeping joint somewhere. By topping up to just over 2 what happens is the boiler fires up & the heated water will expand, the pressure will rise and if it goes up to 2.5-3 then the pressure relief valve opens and dumps the water outside to protect the boiler and that is why it goes back down to 1 the next day. Just keep topping it up to 1 if it drops to 0.5 and either get someone in to check it all out or put up with it till you are replacing it all.

Reply to Hi.... and a combi boiler pressure drop query! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock