Search the forum,

Discuss Hi all - new member intro "enthusiastic DIYer" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks,

I'm a DIYer. Can plumb neatly and very very slowly, but not ashamed to contract out large jobs like my heating to people who can do it quicker and more compactly :)

Cheers Tim

PS here's some stuff I've actually done:

Fitted a bathroom from scratch.

Designed a new heating system (full replacement):

UK.DIY Radiators v2.0

and found some really great local plumbers to implement it, all driven by a WB 42CDi combi boiler, chosen for its high DHW output whilst still being compact.

Controls are Genius: Remote Heating Control | Heating App which is a Z-Wave radio system which allows for as many zones as you want without any more wiring with the trade off you get to change a bunch of AA batteries each year.

Overall the system is performing well at 55/45C thanks to efficient and generously sized rads, except for the kitchen which could do with bigger rads but wall space is severely lacking. I tend to increase the system to 65/55C in the depths of winter when required.

Hello and welcome

Reply to Hi all - new member intro "enthusiastic DIYer" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock