Search the forum,

Discuss Hi All, needing help on my daughters central heating. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
thanks for letting me join, if someone cant point me in the right forum area to try help my daughter out in her first house before the cold weather hits too bad. cant seem to get anyone to visit and sort it as its an electric boiler, so electrician wont touch it as its water and plumber wont touch it as it is electric. (just 2 of the excuses) .
the boiler works producing hot water, the heating works upstairs but no heat at all downstairs.
spent another few hours today to try sort it but still nothing. she is distrought with it all now among other things.
SO if anyone can point me in the right area for finding answers then it will be much appreciated.

Port valve issue eg downstairs on a separate zone ?

Can’t see why a plumber won’t touch as the unit is working is the controls side eg s plan plus

Hi
not a clue as why no one will look at it, but that's the situation at the minute, its an aztec 11kw boiler. not sure if there is a valve hidden somewhere as we havnt found any. the thought i had was if the Grundfos pump next to it wasn't working correctly, it sounds like it is but i have little knowledge on central heating, especially an electrical boiler, no gas supply where she lives.

here are some pics
boiler 5.jpg
boiler1.jpg
boiler2.jpg
boiler3.jpg
boiler4.jpg
stat1.jpg
stat2.jpg

Pump gone I would say the other stat looks dead as no cover and been replaced with a Honeywell 6360b

I'll test the connections on the coverless one when am there again, my daughter seems convinced it is live. Pump is buzzing and you can feel as if its working when you put your hand on it, would it still do this if the pump has gone ?

Reply to Hi All, needing help on my daughters central heating. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock