Search the forum,

Discuss Hhmm.. New thermostat doesn't use batteries and no display. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wimmer

I decided to change my digital thermostat for one with a backlight, only problem is there are only 2 wires (plus a blue and green/yellow taped up). When I connect the brown to the L and the black to L1 on the other side of the switch on the diagram, (as removed from the old thermostat), there is no display. As the new one obviously needs constant power for the display, I obviously need to connect something else. There are 4 terminals on the new one N1 N (AC IN) L L1 - thanks anyone.

You need a neutral. If the old stat didn't use it, it may not be connected. It will need to be traced out and check by a spark or heating eng, if you aren't sure of what you are doing. You can do real damage to the components in your system and boiler by getting the wiring screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hhmm.. New thermostat doesn't use batteries and no display. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our current heating system has a Potterton EP2002 controller and Potterton Prima 60F boiler. I have bought a Wiser multi-zone kit 2 plus a number of Wiser TRVs in order to have easier and more fine-grained control. Replacing the EP2002 with the Wiser hub simply involved swapping the wallplate...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled electrically as well as via a push switch on the pump body. I'm using this pump with a wood boiler stove, where I want to run the pump at its slowest...
Replies
Views
Morning Ladies and Gents, I'm after a bit of guidance regarding the Nest thermostat 3rd Generation please... My heating system is a Glow worm 18hx system boiler. I have a hot water cylinder pump, only radiators all round, mid position valve, Y plan wiring centre. So my issue... my old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Replacing the thermostat as it wasn’t functioning. Question is how do I tell which one of these is switched live in the attached picture, new thermostat? Confusing mixture of old and new cable colours. I’ve wired this per two cable diagram. I want to use the 3 as recommended with the Baxi combi...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock