Search the forum,

Discuss hemp! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ADM360

Doing a Stove and back boiler job this week and decided to do it old school as I only had half a roll of ptfe in my bag. went to the van and got out a hank of hemp, only problem was it is a bit ropey!!!!!:rolleyes4:

I avoid the stuff nowadays, but I do have a bag of it in case I feel I need it. Ptfe tape does a better job if you use right amount, & it doesn't make a mess of threads & fittings can be removed easily, years later. Hemp is a skilled enough job to use properly. I used it a lot when I was learning, but that was a long time ago!

Is it true they use nothing but hemp in America, and have never heard of PTFE?

Or is that a myth like.......say.....Marc Almond and that line of Sailors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hemp! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So, I had an old and disgusting Geberit dual flush that didn't work very well, so I decided to replace it. Cistern is 110.830.00.1, so got a compatible Geberit TwinLine 240.515.00.2. I then installed that but when you press the stick to activate the flush, it starts flushing but then doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I did a job today in a block of flats, fairly old place, plumbing was all a bit ropey in this particular flat. The job was to change an electric shower over, I changed it, didn't work.. noticed the water pressure was a bit pants.. I could stop it with my finger on the basin.. thought...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello Yesterday my aqualisa shower sharted making a whirring sound and trickles of water came out of itwhen the boiler came on to heat up the water . When i went to try the shower it was dead. After turning it off and trying for most of the day it finally started. BUT only hot water came out...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock