Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Worcester Greenstar 30Si DHW temp in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Is anyone able to give me some advice on a potential problem with a Worcester combi we looked at today please.

Customer reported hot water on bath only getting luke warm. On first inspection we found the diverter valve passing heat down the central heating flow, so we've cleaned all the crap off the paddle on the diverter and given the plate hex a clean (which was pretty clean anyway). Diverter valve now working as it should but still only luke warm at the bath taps.

When reducing the flow down to 6l/m it starts to get hotter but MI's state it should be giving a temp rise of 40C at 10l/m, which it isn't getting anywhere near.

DHW temp sensor has been tested and giving correct readings. Boiler sounds as though its fired at full rate when the taps running. Flue gases were adjusted to MI's recommendations and gas rate fine.

We tried to get a temp reading of the primary hot pipe coming from the top of the heat exchanger and looks to be reaching 50C maximum. Surely this should be a lot hotter if its then got to heat DHW in the plate. Maybe the primary flow NTC sensor???? Anyone had anything similar of offer advice?

Much appreciated

Ash

Water mains temperature of 10 dc if so at a 40 rise that’s 50

common issue with bath taps they require a lot of flow normally fit a 10lpm flow restrictor on the hot outlet / inlet to the bath to both cold and hot

Water mains temperature of 10 dc if so at a 40 rise that’s 50

common issue with bath taps they require a lot of flow normally fit a 10lpm flow restrictor on the hot outlet / inlet to the bath to both cold and hot
Cheers for the reply Shaun, the 50C is the primary flow loop temp from main hex going through the plate hex, not the hot temp at tap. Not even reaching 30C at the tap when the bath taps throttled down to 10l/m. Cold temp was 10C so with a 40C rise we should be getting 50C but not even hitting 30C.

Was the temp dials up eg 4-5 ?

What did it gas rate out at on hot water ?

Was the temp dials up eg 4-5 ?

What did it gas rate out at on hot water ?
Temp knob was set to maximum. To be honest I didn't think to gas rate the DHW, just gas rated on service mode which came out at 29kw. We tested the NTC primary sensor on top of the main hex which was giving a resistance reading matching 70-75C, yet a couple of inch away on the pipework the temperature was only 50C, not sure if that's a reasonable temperature loss as the sensor is actually in the top of the main hex and the primary pipe just outside it?

No would expect 70 if the sensor is saying 75 etc but a 20 dc differential is a bit much

Reply to Help with Worcester Greenstar 30Si DHW temp in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock