Search the forum,

Discuss Help with wet under floor heating temperatures in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We had a wet UFH system installed a couple of years ago. Two weeks ago we had vinyl tiles laid. The instruction from the flooring guy is to start the UFH at 5 degrees and increase by 5 degrees per day until we reach a comfortable temperature. Also, instructions from the flooring company read 'A maximum sub floor temperature, at the adhesive line, of 27 degrees should never be exceeded'

I am confused what I need to do in that the control on the manifold that I think I need to alter will only turn down to about 20. Also, prior to the vinyl tiles being laid, this control was set about 40. So, how will 27 now be warm enough ?

Is this the right control to alter ? What am I not understanding ? The photo I have attached is the control which I've turned down as low as it will go, which I think is about 20. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-052146_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-052146_Photos.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 4
Is this the right control to alter ? What am I not understanding ? The photo I have attached is the control which I've turned down as low as it will go, which I think is about 20. Thanks in advance for any help.
Another couple of photos (or a description) so we can know what it's connected to, if possible please.

The manifold control is showing water temperature not floor temperature.
Turn it as low as it will go to start then increase in increments.

If you ran it at 40 and you now want to run it at a lower temperature- it will simply need to be ‘on’ for longer. Floor at 27 can give room at 20 no problem.

The instruction from the flooring guy is to start the UFH at 5 degrees and increase by 5 degrees per day until we reach a comfortable temperature.
5°C is refrigerator temperature. They must have meant to say start at 25°C and increase by 5°C per day.

Another couple of photos (or a description) so we can know what it's connected to, if possible please.
Thanks Chuck. It's sorted now in that I rang the vinyl tile manufacturers this morning who said because the floor has been laid for 2 weeks already, the adhesive should have already bonded. So, can start the system at the lowest setting (which is around 20) and increase slowly. Thanks for your help.

5°C is refrigerator temperature. They must have meant to say start at 25°C and increase by 5°C per day.
Hahaha .. Well, it certainly feels like a freezer in here at the moment, so Yes, having thought about it 5 degrees is like a fridge. I've started it on about 20 degrees. Thanks Chuck.

The manifold control is showing water temperature not floor temperature.
Turn it as low as it will go to start then increase in increments.
Snowhead - Sorry if this is a daft question but how do I know what the floor temperature is ? Is there a gadget / some sort of thermometer that I can use ? Thanks

Snowhead - Sorry if this is a daft question but how do I know what the floor temperature is ? Is there a gadget / some sort of thermometer that I can use ? Thanks

Infrared digital thermometer

Reply to Help with wet under floor heating temperatures in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock