Search the forum,

Discuss Help with turning off stopcock tap under kitchen sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil999

Hi,
Need to turn off the
water under sink via stopcock tap to replace a cistern flexihose, but finding it
hard to turn. Worried it might snap off ?
I tried putting wd40 into spindle
but it is at 90 degrees.

Is there anything I can do to work it free
please.
Is it ok to use a adjustable spanner against it ?

Thanks,

Yep it sounds like it hasn't been used for years, please be careful if you give it extra leverage . To be on the safe side , can you turn it off in the street and fit a new stop tap, it maybe less grief in the long run.

Slacken nut on packing gland. It will probably need repacking anyway. Old stopcocks invariably leak after being turned off and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with turning off stopcock tap under kitchen sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning, Moved house a few months ago and first issue is having a slight leak on tap in kitchen. Went under sink to turn off water and there are four valves I can see as per attached photos. Tried turning all clockwise 90 degrees as per usual but water still coming out of tap. Am I missing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock