Search the forum,

Discuss Help with thermostatic radiator valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

My understanding of these valves is you set the room thermostat (dial type on the wall in the hallway) at a comfortable temperature, so i set mine to 20 degrees.

I then set all my thermostat on the Rads to 3 and adjusted until I got correct temp in rooms. After that they open and close to adjust to temp in room.

There is no rad thermostat on the hall rad, I believe this to be correct as its near the room thermostat?

The problem I have is the rads don't seem to be working independently. There is one room which is an outbuilding attached to the house which I had a rad put in there is always cold and the rad works if the heating is but once the room thermostat detects the room temp 20 degrees it shuts off the rads. that room drops quickly but the rad doesn't come back on until the hallway temp drops and kicks the heating on.

I hope all this makes sense!

Thanks

That's working exactly as it should. The hallway is your index. Soon as that's warm enough it shuts the system down. No matter how hot or cold other rooms are the system won't fire up until the room thermostat calls for it.

Might want to look at insulating the cold room.

All the room rads have TRV's fitted, all except the Hallway.

What Gasmk1 is saying is there are TRVs you can install which have the capability to activate the boiler. Standard TRVs are purely mechanical devices that close off the supply to a radiator when that room gets to temperature. They do not communicate with the heat source.

To have the outbuilding heating when the hallway thermostat has been satisfied would require a different setup like the ones Gasmk1 linked to.

Hello,

My understanding of these valves is you set the room thermostat (dial type on the wall in the hallway) at a comfortable temperature, so i set mine to 20 degrees.

I then set all my thermostat on the Rads to 3 and adjusted until I got correct temp in rooms. After that they open and close to adjust to temp in room.

There is no rad thermostat on the hall rad, I believe this to be correct as its near the room thermostat?

The problem I have is the rads don't seem to be working independently. There is one room which is an outbuilding attached to the house which I had a rad put in there is always cold and the rad works if the heating is but once the room thermostat detects the room temp 20 degrees it shuts off the rads. that room drops quickly but the rad doesn't come back on until the hallway temp drops and kicks the heating on.

I hope all this makes sense!

Thanks
How often do you use the outbuilding if not a lot forget it and bang in a lecky convector it’s silly to make the whole system dance around a little used room in my opinion Centralheatking

Reply to Help with thermostatic radiator valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock