Search the forum,

Discuss Help With Taps! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello, the hot tap in my bathroom is dripping and so I decided to change the washer myself. The only trouble is I cant seem to untighten the nut which holds the main workings of the tap, so I cant get to the washer. (hope this makes sense!) Its a pillar tap but the nut is so tight I cannot undue it without spinning the tap. Is there any tips/tricks I can do to loosen it? or do you guys just sugest fitting a new set of taps??

Many thanks

Chris

Any help at all would be appreciated. I would have thought someone would have some tips for removing the headgear from seized up taps??

If your not worried about damaging the chrome finish on the tap a great big spanner wedged on the spout end sometimes works this you someting to lever against . A bit of heat from a blow torch can be useful. Also make sure the tap is open before you try to undo it , so there is no pressure from the tap internals on the outer casing.

Or get new taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help With Taps! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock