Search the forum,

Discuss help with tap head kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bammyjastard

hello guys, complete novice here hoping somebody can point out my schoolboy error.

bought a pair of traditional tap heads for my bath as a change of washer didn't solve the drip on hot tap.

fitted the reducing bush and bigger washer and stepped spacer supplied, so that it would fit the exixsting tap body.

screwed new set into old bath tap, replaced collar, screw etc., and before turning water back on, turned the tap....it just kept on turning. took it apart again and lower half of valve was just sitting loose in tap body.

Have I just bought the wrong thing?

Many thanks

Chris

possibly the bush you used makes the tap valve higher than if no bush used. can you get a different bush? what size taps have you got what size valves?

For what thesr conversion kits cost you can buy a Pr of new taps !

Perhaps the new works are too short for old tap body - if the washer doesn't reach the seating of tap, the works come apart.
As Jtsplumbing has said, a new pair taps are often cheaper!
Only use conversion works if they match old tap for depth inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help with tap head kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Sorry if it is a dumb question but .. I just fitted a 1/2inch tap washer to my basin tap and have 2 questions. 1. Is it normal for the washer to not quite fit the valve head, I had to take sandpaper to adjust it as I could not "squish" it in. Is there some kind of metric equivalent I...
Replies
Views
Helping a friend fit a new flush mechanism to his upstairs loo. No ball valve so fitted one of those in the process, hence needed to stop water supply from cold water storage in loft. He closed the feed from the cold water tank, tap stiff but didn't need any force with a spanner (wrench/grips)...
Replies
Views
M
I have gone to replace the washer in the shower taps as the shower is dripping but the washer seems to be a non-standard size. The 12mm was too long and so I went and bought a plastic one I could cut the end off but it is also slightly too wide, the 10mm doesn't fit either. It is a really old...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
I'm probably missing something obvious, would welcome any suggestions on how I get access to the washers. We have a matching bathroom suite and the bathroom sink mixer was a breeze to fix. The top of the taps popped off easy enough and the "collars" could be removed to expose a nut to unscrew...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock