Search the forum,

Discuss Help with square thermostatic cartridge removal. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I am trying to replace the cartridge but I can not see where is the grub screw, please find the picture and kindly advise how I can remove the cartridge. Regards
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0592.JPG
IMG_0591.JPG

You need to unscrew the cartridge using the brass hexagonal flats that are somewhat recessed into the body. This will require a socket of the appropriate size, possibly a thin walled socket - or a box spanner.

You need to unscrew the cartridge using the brass hexagonal flats that are somewhat recessed into the body. This will require a socket of the appropriate size, possibly a thin walled socket - or a box spanner.
Thanks a lot, i will take the whole bar out for better control and acccess. and will get back with the outcome. areciate your time and help. regards

I bought this cartridge from amazon, is it gonna fit as a replacement for

Adora Thermostatic Cartridge MB1122​

?

Hello, I just did not know what to buy as I wasn’t aware of my mixer make nor model, still wondering how a brand new mixer get a faulty cartridge in less than 2 days after it’s first use
I agree a new mixer should't be faulty. If it's a new installation, were the pipes were flushed out before the mixer was fitted?
Could you tell us the nature of the fault?

I agree a new mixer should't be faulty. If it's a new installation, were the pipes were flushed out before the mixer was fitted?
Could you tell us the nature of the fault?
The mixer worked super nice for 2 uses, water temperature was true to the boiler setting, after that till now it’s just warm enough when it’s at max. Same temperature, never hotter or colder, the hot water pipe hot before the mixer bar.

The mixer worked super nice for 2 uses, water temperature was true to the boiler setting, after that till now it’s just warm enough when it’s at max. Same temperature, never hotter or colder, the hot water pipe hot before the mixer bar.
You imply that the valve is still changing the temperature, but the output doesn't get hot enough any more - is that correct?
If you press the button to bypass the 38 degree stop (or whatever it is!) and turn the knob round futher, does the water get hotter, or are you saying at absolute max setting, it's still not hot enough? There's normally a way of changing the relative position of the knob/stop, so it covers the correct range of temperatures.
But I don't see why that should suddenly change if it was working fine to start with.

You imply that the valve is still changing the temperature, but the output doesn't get hot enough any more - is that correct?
If you press the button to bypass the 38 degree stop (or whatever it is!) and turn the knob round futher, does the water get hotter, or are you saying at absolute max setting, it's still not hot enough? There's normally a way of changing the relative position of the knob/stop, so it covers the correct range of temperatures.
But I don't see why that should suddenly change if it was working fine to start with.
the valve is still changing the temperature, but the output doesn't get hot enough any more, also at absolute max setting, it's still not hot enough.
That’s why I thought it has to be the cartridge

the valve is still changing the temperature, but the output doesn't get hot enough any more, also at absolute max setting, it's still not hot enough.
That’s why I thought it has to be the cartridge
If you take the knob off, can you turn the shaft of the cartridge up (ie in the hotter direction) any further?
I just wondered if it was where the knob has been put on that is stopping it being turned up.
May not apply to your model though - could be worth a try?
Other than that, and assuming the hot water is hot enough, I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions 🤔

If you take the knob off, can you turn the shaft of the cartridge up (ie in the hotter direction) any further?
I just wondered if it was where the knob has been put on that is stopping it being turned up.
May not apply to your model though - could be worth a try?
Other than that, and assuming the hot water is hot enough, I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions 🤔
If i take the knob off,I can turn the shaft of the cartridge up (ie in the hotter direction) and same result. Don’t you agree it could be a faulty thermostat cartridge.?

If i take the knob off,I can turn the shaft of the cartridge up (ie in the hotter direction) and same result. Don’t you agree it could be a faulty thermostat cartridge.?
Yes, I do agree, could indeed be. As long as the hot water is really hot, that seems to be the only explanation!
Can you return the faulty one to the plumber or supplier of the shower to get a replacement f.o.c.?

Yes, I do agree, could indeed be. As long as the hot water is really hot, that seems to be the only explanation!
Can you return the faulty one to the plumber or supplier of the shower to get a replacement f.o.c.?
Hello, I managed to change it, there is a hot water now, but when I open the flow valve to the max I hear a hard knocks, I believe it’s a pressure issue, could a cartridge cause such a thing .?

Attachments

• 92013365-8C2C-4F0E-AEC2-480F2375F802.jpeg
    92013365-8C2C-4F0E-AEC2-480F2375F802.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 5
Hello, I managed to change it, there is a hot water now, but when I open the flow valve to the max I hear a hard knocks, I believe it’s a pressure issue, could a cartridge cause such a thing .?
Well done for sorting it.
It's possible there are/were entrapped air pockets in the water after changing the valve, that could cause such noises.
However that should go away after first use.
I'm not aware that a ceramic cartridge valve, or thermostatic valve, can cause such a thing.
Maybe others may know?

Reply to Help with square thermostatic cartridge removal. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock