Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Rayburn airlock in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Rayburn connected to hot water cylinder indirect with radiators which turn on when at certain temperature. The system has been working for many years with no issues, but when I drain the system I get an air lock which sometime sorts itself out when the temperature gets to 90 deg.

I have drain the system yesterday to install a second radiator but this time the air lock will not budge. The radiators are turned on, I have tried running the rump continuously. At present the radiators do get hot but this also now blows into the header tank. I think the air lock is with in the cylinder coil and due to this the pump is back feeding the wrong way to the injector T.

Attached is a diagram, I was thinking would it be a good idea to put a gate valve 28mm where the pink star is on the diagram to close off when filling up. This should hopefully force the water through the cylinder coil and then open when full. Would this reduce the likely hood of an air lock.

Attachments

• rayburn.png
    rayburn.png
    18 KB · Views: 11
why not fill it up with a hosepipe connected to drain cock
Hi,am desperately wanting help with an air lock in an Aga heating system. its old and a direct system, hot water runs barely warm and pipes banging every hour or so when both the cold and hot pipes at side of aga get too hot. There is a valve thing on the cold feed, and I think I am supposed to put a pipe from the mains on there, but do i drain the hot tank first? Any help appreciated, I have tried five plumbers over a period of 3 months and am still waiting for one to appear! The aga will be cold before I attempt anything! Thanks if you can help me with sequence of doing this

Reply to Help with Rayburn airlock in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock